What is it?
Our foraging seaweed shellfish course is a great way to experience the amazing world of wild edible food in a relaxed and hands on way. Many of the wild food now regarded as “gourmet” is found along the seashore.
The seashore boasts some of the finest wild food in the land and the range of different shellfish and seaweeds are highly sought after food. Spring tides allow us to range far out onto the reefs and exposed rocks on a 2/3 hour identification foraging walk, focusing on shellfish and seaweeds.
The skills you experience on our foraging seaweed shellfish course
- Safety first
- Tides times and weather influences
- Reading the beach
- Where and how to forage sustainably
- Identification of edible seaweed and shellfish
- Storing and transporting foraged foods
- Handling, preparation and cooking methods discussed
What do you need for the course?
- Basic outdoor footwear and clothes suitable for the season and weather on your course
- Waterproof and windproof jacket and trousers
- Pack lunch and water bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- Please feel free to bring a camera or method of recording your experience.
What does it cost?
Per person booking £54
How do you book?
Please select a suitable course date and location from the options at the top of the page and complete the simple and secure online booking process.
Your spaces on the course are confirmed once full payment is received. If you need more info or have any concerns regarding this course, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org