This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we will process the personally identifying information (personal data) that we collect and receive from and about users of our website, customers who purchase courses, subscribe to our newsletter/Facebook/twitter/Instagram and email Coastal Survival team.
Our privacy commitments
- We will only collect, keep, use and share personal data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, of if we are legally required to do so:
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what personal data we collect and how it will be processed
- For as long as we maintain records of your personal data we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
Customers and Course Attendees
We collect the following personal data from or about you as a customer:
- Personal data collected directly through the booking process: name, phone number, postal address, and email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services purchased by you and to store a record of your purchase history in the interest of knowing more about our customers.
We use your personal data:
- For the administration of your purchases, our events and to contact you about your purchase (for example with details of joining instructions)
- To contact you with surveys and feedback requests (for example relating to a course you attended)
- To analyse the purchase history of our customers and the way our customers use the site.
We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Notice or as required to operate the site, provide our services to you and to administer bookings.
We will share your personal data with social media sites to enable them to provide marketing messages that you have agreed to receive. The sites we share your personal data with are:
Our legitimate reason for collecting personal data is:
- To contact you with marketing messages which you have agreed to receive from us
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store personal data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are as follows, please click on the links to view the privacy policies for each.
- Payment processor – PayPal
- E-Commerce WooCommerce
- CRM tool – Mailchimp
- Cloud storage – Google drive
- Social media platform – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Survey tool – Survey Monkey
All have their own privacy notices on their websites
We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your personal data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
Where we keep personal data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised Coastal Survival team members.
Duration of Storage
We will maintain records of your personal data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list
- have completed a purchase with Coastal Survival in the last 24 months (2 years) or
- for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you
If you have not opened any email communication from Coastal Survival or interacted in any other way with us for 24 months we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our team.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
- You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the links in our communications
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information held (for example email addresses held for course bookings). You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request processing restrictions and to delete the data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk
- You can contact us with questions about the personal information we hold about you using the contact email below.
Changes to our privacy notice
We will update this Notice as required to reflect changes in our business. All such changes will be posted on the website and if we consider it to be appropriate we will notify subscribers of any material changes by email.
Our response policy in the event of a data breach
We endeavour to keep our website as secure as possible by keeping all plugins and components up to date.
We also apply security updates as they are released.
We also ensure that passwords are as secure as possible using a combination of upper and lower case letters and special characters.
Data breach within the website
In the event of a data breach, we will change all passwords and restore the site from a clean backup where possible.
Data breach within our own internal systems
We would notify all customers of the breach, explaining what had happened and what steps we had taken to prevent future occurrence.
We would then report the breach to the relevant authorities within 72 hours as per the GDPR requirements.
Coastal Survival is the Data Controller in respect of any personal data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07702 104644.