Coastal Survivor Course
2 day overnight beach survival course.
Castaway dessert island survival skills
What is it?
Our Coastal Survivor course covers the ‘Castaway’ survival skills for shelter, fire, water, food, navigation and rescue. Essential coastal survivor course skills on the coast.
A full range of survival skills, that will see you thrive! rather than just survive with basic survival kit, covering the essentials needed to survive an unexpected night or longer on a beach after a possible injury, landslide or ship wreck etc. illustrating the possible dangers and resources to hand.
How to signal for rescue and navigate along the seashore to safety, If you do find yourself in an unexpected coastal survival situation, this survival course and the survival skills you will experience will stand you in good stead and hopefully help you make calm, informed and correct decisions.
Easily construct an improvised shelter and sleep on the beach. Scavaging or beach-combing and making the best use of things we may find, helps develope improvisation skills and the ability to think ‘outside the box’, fire lighting and constructing efficient drift wood fires for cooking and warmth, to signalling, can be achieved with limited reasourses.
This survival course is all about surviving and getting rescued should the situation occur.
The skills you experience on our coastal survivor course
- Understanding the survival kit
- Understanding the coastal terrain, including tides.
- Seeking and locating shelter.
- Identifying dangers.
- Fire for cooking and warmth.
- Locating and purifying fresh water.
- Finding wild foods.
- Preparing, cooking and preserving wild food.
- Using wild plants for first aid/medicine.
- Maintaining body temperature and hydration.
- Survival mind set psychology and fitness.
- Basic compass navigation.
- Signalling for rescue.
What do you need?
- Basic outdoor footwear and clothes suitable for the season and weather on your course
- Waterproof and windproof jacket and trousers
- Spare change of clothes
- Warm hat and gloves
- Sleeping bag and roll mat
- Head torch
- Pack lunch and water bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- Please feel free to bring a camera or method of recording your experience.
What does it cost?
Per person booking £138.
How do you book?
Please select a suitable course date and location from the options at the top of the page and complete the simple and secure online booking process.
Your spaces on the course are confirmed once full payment is received. If you need more info or have any concerns regarding this course, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org
20th -21st June 2020 in SW Dorset