What is it?
A real outdoor cookery course with professional outdoor Chef Fraser Christian. Our campfire cookery course starts with the basics of fireside cookery and skills to produce amazing, simple tasty campfire recipes and nutrishious meals fit for any restaurant table.
Progressing on positively from the confidence to use a knife (safely) blindfolded! You will learn a basic set of working methods and chefs secrets as seasonal dishes are prepared. We know after a good days hunting and gathering, doing the upmost justice to your food is well deserved, pleasuring the body as does it nourish.
Gain perfect results from your food, especially if your cooking for groups and others.
Creating fire side food. is easy with a basic mythology and set of skills, mastering the fire and keeping control is acquired with experience, all together combining to producing top class results.
Covering the basics, including; soups, stews, stocks, bread, fish, meat, vegetables, rice and pastas etc.
Learn how to maximise resources, time and results, as you master fire side food preparation and cookery. Learning portion control and managing long term food storage can help reduce food budgets and minimise food waste.
The skills you experience on our campfire cookery courses in Dorset.
- The Chefs knife, safe use and sharpening
- Different cooking woods uses
- Designs and planning a perfect outdoor menu
- Cutting and portion control for no waste
- Heath and hygiene in the field
- Nutritional balance of dishes
- One pot cooking fire food
- Dutch oven baking
What do you need for the course?
- Basic outdoor footwear and clothes suitable for the season and weather on your course.
- Waterproof and windproof jacket and trousers.
- Pack lunch and water bottle.
- Please feel free to bring a camera or method of recording your experience.
What does it cost?
Per person booking £84.
How do you book?
Please select a suitable course date and location from the options at the top of the page and complete the simple and secure online booking process.
Your spaces on the course are confirmed once full payment is received. If you need more info or have any concerns regarding this course, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org