- This event has passed.
Coastal Foraging Walk – 21st April 2019 – Near Southend
April 21 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£54.00
If you just want to learn about the plants and sealife on the coast or if you want to forage free food, this course is held near Southend, Essex. Our friendly instructor will guide you around the coastal plants on offer. Delicious and nutritious, they offer a wonderful way to add flair to your dinner party or campsite cookery.
Foraging Coastal Plants Course
Foraging Coastal plants on a half day foraging course
What is it?
Join us for gentle stroll on a foraging coastal plants course along the abundant hedgerows, meadows, woodland and beaches. Plants and trees, some familiar and other less know wild vegetables and herbs for both culinary and medicinal uses. 2/3 hour coastal plant foraging identification walk.
The skills you experience on our foraging coastal plants course
- Safety first
- Seasons and weather influences
- Reading the lye of the land/foreshore
- Where and how to forage sustsinably
- Identification of edible plants, seeds, flowers, fruits, mushrooms
- Storing and transporting foraged foods
- Handling, preperation and cooking methods discussed
What do you need for the course?
- Basic outdoor footwear and clothes suitable for the season and weather on your course
- Waterproof and windproof jacket and trousers
- Pack lunch and water bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- Please feel free to bring a camera or method of recording your experience.
What does it cost?
Per person booking £54
How do you book?
Please select a suitable course date and location from the options at the top of the page and complete the simple and secure online booking process.
Your spaces on the course are confirmed once full payment is received. If you need more info or have any concerns regarding this course, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org
16th March 2019 in SW Dorset, 28th April in SW Dorset, 2nd June 2019 in SW Dorset