Complete Coastal Hunter Gatherer
What is it?
Coastal Hunter Gatherer Course is a 5 day coastal bushcraft course in either Dorset, South West Scotland or South West Sweden together with our good friends at All In Nature Sweden.
Modern and Primitive coastal bushcraft skills give you the complete coastal hunter gatherers skill set, learn to live off the seashore where you can thrive rather than just survive.
This unique coastal bushcraft course is a must for all coastal foragers and hunters. A full packed 5 days of practical well practised skills and proven results!
Forage, fish and hunt along the seashore, living off what you catch and forage using many methods and skills, this unique course is a total immersion in the complete coastal hunter gatherer.
The skills you experience on our advanced bushcraft skills course
This unique coastal bushcraft survival course, will give you a chance to practically master the following skills and see you thrive, rather than just survive!
- Coastal fishing with and out fishing rods, many techniques are covered with kit we will provide you with, some you make may be taken home with you after the course to build on your coastal kit.
- Making net starting with fishing line and beach rubbish, then professional net construction including gill nets for round fish and tangle nets for flat fish.
- Long line construction and use, both modern and primitive skills are covered with acquiring local available baits and how to use them.
- Setting longlines, nets and traps, learning the where, when and how.
- Finding local available baits and how to best put it on the hooks is a detail that like others greatly increases you chances of a catch.
- Fish and shellfish traps (that work) made from beach rubbish and natural materials and resources. Make your own willow shellfish and fish trap.
- Identification of seaweeds, how and when to harvest them along with cooking and drying.
- Identification of fish and shellfish along with coastal wild life.
- Identification of coastal plants.
- Foraging for coastal and inland plants, then how best to eat, cook and preserve them.
- Cooking and preserving on an open fire with and without modest utensils.
- How best to prepare and cook the wide range of wild food with basic equipment to produce restaurant quality food for your self and the group.
- Salting, cold and hot smoking meat and seafood.
- Coastal safety and navigation, understanding tides, winds and ocean currents affects.
- First aid and medicine from wild resources.
South West coast of Scotland.
South West coast of Sweden.
What do you need for the course?
Skill level required – you should be confident and experienced to wild camp with limited resources for 5 days and able to perform basic tasks confidently in all weather conditions, with adequate kit suitable for the season.
- Catering and accommodation: you are required to provide your own breakfasts and lunches using your own cooking system – evening meals are provided and incorporate a mix of what you may have foraged, caught or prepared. Hot water is always available for drinks and washing up.
- Tents are recommended, free wild camping is in a private woodland.
- Toilets are mobile composting.
- Wind break open solar showers.
- Deposit payment option available (please enquire)
- Spaces limited to 12.
- Comfort zone rating:
- Accommodation – your own tent or suitable sleeping system.
- Toilet facilities – toilet tent and compost system.
- Washing facilities – your own system.
- Cooking facilities – Evening meal provided and your own self fuelled system for breakfast and lunch.
- Water – on site ground sourced spring water or similar.
- Food provided – outdoor prepared, wild and basic pantry stores.
- Parking facilities – on site field or close by parking.
- Person fitness – (please refer to our standard terms and conditions)
- Equipment required – all your kit and equipment must be in good working order and be suitable for the season and duration of the course.
Working course hours – vary and change according to weather and tides.
This course can be used to achieve your Coast Master Award, discount for combined booking now, please check out our Coast Master page for more info…
What does it cost?
Individual adult course fee – £862.00
Under 14 yrs can also attend with an adult booking
Deposits stage payment available. Please contact us by email:
How do you book?
Please select a date and location for your intended course and complete the online booking process at the top of the page
Your spaces on the course are confirmed once full payment is received. If you need assistance or have any concerns regarding this course, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you read the Terms and Conditions at your earliest opportunity as there is important information regarding booking.
15th – 19th September 2020 in SW Dorset, 27th-30th August 2020 in Sweden