The Complete Coastal Survivor course is an advanced survival skills course over 3 days, this course allows you to really learn and understand what is required to survive on the coast with minimal kit and limited resourses.
3 day Coastal Survival Course – basic and advanced skills.
The courses covers in depth, a range of survival skills you would expect on a complete coastal survivor course. We will provide you with basic shelter tarps, a survival kit and rations of the other esssentials needed.
- Electronic lighter.
- Ferro fire steel.
- Waterproof firelighter block.
- Metal mug.
- Folding stainless steel locking blade knife.
- 10 hook long line set.
- Pocket Gill net.
- 10M 2.5mm braided cord.
- Waterproof whistle.
- Reflector mirror.
- Chemical snap light stick.
- Sleeping bag suitable for the season.
- Sleeping mat.
- Waterproof jacket/trousers.
- Waterproof boots.
- Personal first aid kit.
- Head torch.
- Day sack.
- Personal wash kit.
- Spare change of clothes in a sealed plastic bag.
- Understanding the kit
- Understanding the coastal terrain, including tides.
- Seeking and locating shelter.
- Identifying dangers.
- Fire for cooking and warmth.
- Locating and purifying fresh water.
- Finding wild foods.
- Catching wild foods.
- Preparing, cooking and preserving wild food.
- Using wild plants for first aid/medicine.
- Maintaining body temperature and hydration.
- Survival mind set psychology and fittness.
- Basic compass navigation.
- Signaling for rescue.
Once demonstrated and understood, the skills are practiced individual in pairs or as a group, with constant instuctor support available, and on hand though out the course.
Individual student course fees £325:00.
Our full 3 day survival course fee may be greater than some, but so is our reputation and experience, not forgetting the kit your given at no extra cost.
To reduce the ecological impact on the local training environment, we may provide some resources.
Go to the dates and bookings page if you want to join the next course.